I know, I know. It’s not even close to the holiday season yet, but it will be here before you know it! And it’s not like I’m blasting Christmas tunes to you over the internet in the dead of summer; I’m just here to share a great discount and talk about one of my favorite things: Stationery! Can you really blame me for that? It’s never too early to get started on your xmas cards, happy holidays cards, or a christmas dinner invitation, especially since they can get so expensive! (It IS, however, way too early to play holiday music. Let’s all agree on that!) Basic Invite is running a sale through the end of July, and it’s a great time to stock up on all your holiday paper needs!
When Basic Invite reached out to me with their Christmas in July theme, I was eager to research their company and order my samples. I love all things paper products, school and office supplies, stationery, etc. so this was an exciting collaboration for me. In fact, when I told Andrew about it, he said, “Stationery? That’s definitely in your wheelhouse.” He knows me well! I also love sending and receiving cards and mail. Snail mail is definitely something that is special to me! I loved my samples, and the packaging was so pretty. I ordered regular stationery samples for Max Out Happy, but the holiday options are plentiful and well-designed. You can see my samples below!
Designing my samples was a fun process! It was easier to do on the computer, because you can see more options with how you’re customizing everything, but the site is really easy to use. There are a ton of options for customizing your designs. Fonts, sizes, shapes, colors, etc. can all be edited to fit your preferences, and I am a very particular person, so I appreciate that! The paper quality is nice and thick, sturdy, and cut with precision. Printing was well-done, and the samples came out exactly as they looked in my proofs. I’ve listed some other things below that make ordering through Basic Invite a unique experience.
Basic Invite Company Info
- Almost Unlimited Colors: Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers almost unlimited color options with instant previews online. Once you select a design, you can change the color of each element on the card. There are over 180 color options, so the world is really your oyster there!
- Custom Samples: Basic Invite is one of the few websites that allows customers to order a printed sample of their actual invitation before they place their final order, so you can see the paper quality, how it will print, and see what it will actually look like before you place a large order (one of my girlfriends ordered holiday cards one year and spelled her son’s name wrong, and it was too late to fix it!).
- Over 40 Different Colors of Envelopes: Basic Invite has over 40 different envelope colors to choose from. All envelopes are peel and seal, which is a game changer if you ask me! The envelopes are sturdy and easy to write on with a variety of pens.
- Foil: Foil cards are available in gold, silver, and rose gold, in flat or raised options. The foil designs are so pretty!
- Address Capturing Service: This is a big winner to me! Basic Invite offers an address capturing service that allows you to share a link on social media to request addresses from your contacts. The addresses are stored in your account and can be selected during the design process. Basic Invite offers recipient address printing at no cost on all card orders. To me, addressing envelopes is the worst part of sending out a big batch of cards or invitations. Even if you use labels, it still takes time to stick them all on each envelope with your stamps and return address. Problem solved!
Right now, Basic Invite is offering 15% off with coupon code 15FF51. That’s 15% off everything on their site, not just holiday items! They do have a great selection of xmas cards, happy holidays cards, and even christmas dinner invitation & holiday party options – so if you’re a planner like me and you want to go ahead and check off some of those boxes, it’s a great time to get that discount! Basic Invite also offers regular stationery, cards for different occasions, announcements & invites for graduation, wedding, and baby, and even a free printable wedding planner! They have business card designs, free websites for your events, thank you notes, and stickers. The stationery and note cards are mostly standard note card size (4.25″ x 5.5″), so keep that in mind! All sizes are listed in product information on the site. Invitations and announcements, etc. are different size dimensions.
I was really pleased with my experience and the quality of my samples. Don’t miss out on the sale, which is over at the end of July! Check Basic Invite out on all their socials (@basicinvite) and play around on their site to see how easy it is to customize items and order your samples! Happy designing, and let me know if you have questions about the process!
All standalone shots by Whitney Gremaud Photography