Mother’s Day is only two weeks away, so I rounded up a bunch of ideas that you can get from Amazon or that can be delivered in time to your mom, sister or friend who is a mom, wife, partner, mother figure, or hey, even yourself! I also think it’s sweet as a mom-to-be to receive a little something on Mother’s Day. I know holidays like this can be really hard for people in many different ways, so ignore this one if it’s not for you! I am so thankful for all the strong women in my life, and now that I’m a mom myself I have a huge newfound respect for anyone who can raise a child. Being a parent is NOT easy!
I really love to give gifts, but I like for them to be meaningful and special. I like for a gift to feel complete, so I usually like to buy things that go together. I also don’t like to purchase gifts that I feel will just sit around and collect dust or never be used. I’ve broken these guides down into different categories so hopefully you can find something that fits your needs!
For your own mom/MIL/stepmom/mother figure:
- A bamboo cheese board! This one really has a lot of bang for your buck, and this one is a less expensive and more simple option. I definitely got my love for cheese/cracker/fruit spreads from my mom, so I know she would love something like this!
- A bed tray she can use her laptop or tablet on if she wants! My mom recently had knee surgery and Andrew’s mom recently had back surgery, so they are both taking it easy! This would be perfect for anyone who loves relaxing in bed or even laying out on the couch!
- Comfy pajamas or slippers – this is good for any age mama! I love the Soma cool nights pajama line. I’m a hot sleeper and these are smooth, slinky, stretchy, and light. Lots of options! These slippers seem durable and like they will last a long time and be warm and comfy. Lots of good reviews.
- Cute wind chimes! My mom loves to be outside and work in her garden, and this wind chime is so pretty and simple. I love the colors!
- A pretty essential oil diffuser! I love how many diffusers now have the changing light colors, and both of these options are pretty and fit right into home decor with everything else. Here is a white ceramic one, and this gold one is so pretty! Pick up a few essential oils to go with it! We got the white one for Andrew’s mom for Christmas. These are also great for the office!
Same category, but if you have children!
- A cute “grandma” gift – a pillow, mug, necklace, personalized candle, etc. I always like to go to Etsy for these kinds of gifts! Here is the search for “grandma pillow” and you can find so many that will let you put the name you want (for instance, Davis calls my mom Grandmama, Andrew’s mom is Grammie, and my stepmom Kathy is Gma – and two of my best friends’ kids have a Cha Cha and a Honey!). They have some that look a bit tacky or cheesy, but some are really pretty – and what I love about Etsy is that there’s something for everyone! I think this candle is pretty and thoughtful. This customizable birth month flower sweatshirt is such a cute idea. I love the way it looks! You could go in with your siblings if there are additional grandchildren, or do the sibling birthdays too.
- Pictures! My friend Kelly suggested these mounted frames from Walmart and they are beautifully done – and in the same day! I also love Chatbooks because they are so easy to create, they look great, and they even have a monthly mini package that costs $5 a month where you can send a monthly picture book for however long you want! You could also purchase a professional photography session for the whole family! I happen to know a really talented photographer in the area! Finally, a digital photo frame is a great idea so new pictures of your babies can always circulate at their grandma’s house! Here is a great option, and this one is a little bit less expensive!
- A book or two your children can read with their grandmother. There’s How to Babysit a Grandma, the Little Critter book Just Grandma and Me, etc. Here is a big list of diverse books about grandparents – also good for Father’s Day if that applies to you!
For your sister/SIL/girlfriends with children:
- Drinkware! Mamas need coffee and the occasional glass of wine, am I right? I love this mama bear mug and this mama bear wine tumbler with a lid. I also recently went to dinner with my girlfriends and they had the cutest angular wine glasses. I searched the internet and found these that are really similar! I love the look and they’re perfect for a girls’ night in with a big ol’ snack and cheese board.
- The same candle from the grandma section, but for mama!
- Every mom needs a cozy cardigan! This one looks so soft and comfy for chasing after babies and snuggling up for naptime or movie watching.
- I love putting together gift baskets and also love to recieve them! This basket is really affordable and can also be reused as decor in the home. I used it for my sister and Whitney’s birthdays in March! Any of the above gifts would be great additions to a gift basket, but depending on your budget, here are some other items you could throw in: A roll-on essential oil for relaxation and sleep, a really nice hand cream (this one is a set of 3 so you can also use one for yourself! I love this stuff), peaceful mama tea for pregnancy and beyond, some face masks, lip balm, bubble bath…so many options!
- A cozy waterproof blanket! Perfect for taking to the park, beach, camping, anywhere you might need to sit on the ground. This is a must have for moms! I have it sitting in my own cart right now.
- A picnic/wine tote bag. If you’re going to have a picnic blanket, you have to have the picnic gear, right? I didn’t even know these were a thing until I was searching “wine gifts” on Amazon and found some of these. What a GREAT gift! This one is my favorite because it comes with a wine opener and stopper, a cheese plate and spreader, napkins, and stainless steel wine glasses which are so cute! Room for snacks, wine, and everything you need. This one is really chic and comes with fancy wine glasses but none of the other goodies. This one puts it all together and includes plates, napkins, cutlery, glasses, a holder for wine, and even the blanket, too! I love this idea.
For anyone else!
These would be great for any of the previous categories, and also for someone like your boyfriend/partner’s mother, your best friend’s mother, any mother that you’re going to see for Mother’s Day that you feel like you should get something small for, or if you want to get a small treat for some of the special mamas in your life!
- You can’t go wrong with a nice bouquet of flowers or a pretty plant in a pot that they can reuse. Amazon will even deliver beautiful bouquets in vases for you! We did that for our moms a couple years ago.
- A bottle of wine or champagne if they drink alcohol, or a bag of fancy coffee beans or teas!
- Send a $5 or $10 gift card to Starbucks, Dunkin,’ or somewhere that you can send cards electronically! I found out that you can send people Starbucks gift cards right in your text messages and that has been my new favorite surprise to hit people with!
- My sister in law and her mom have a shop for homemade soaps and bath/body products. Anything from their shop would make a great gift! They’re getting an Etsy shop, but in the meantime you can check out their Facebook page and message them to place an order!
Honestly, I think sometimes the best gift you can give someone is time or an experience together, but I’m a big “words of affirmation,” “quality time,” and “acts of service” person. If you aren’t big on gifts, go to dinner, host a brunch, have a picnic, get ice cream or coffee, or go get your nails done together if your mom/mom figure is into that! Pampering is always fun for me, and something I don’t usually splurge on for myself. Of course, I am a lover of words, so I really always love to get a nice card for any occasion, and I think that is plenty – but hopefully these gifts have given you some ideas if you needed them!
Finally, for your friends who may be struggling with this day, with becoming pregnant, or who are dealing with loss, etc. I think reaching out and sending some love is always better than not saying anything at all. Chocolates, caramels, candles, a little pick me up basket, etc. can go a long way to show you care!
Davis is too young to be worried about giving me a gift – he doesn’t even know what Mother’s Day is! Being his mom is truly the best thing I have going for me, and that’s the biggest gift he could ever give me. But just in case his dad is reading this…a nice long backscratch for bringing his handsome son into this world couldn’t hurt! Just sayin’.
The Amazon links in this post are affiliate links and I might make a commission on them if you use them for purchases. All of these recommendations are 100% my own!