I always like to start thinking about Christmas gifts far before it gets here. I love getting Christmas gifts knocked off my list and planning out things to get the people that we love! I also always have the challenge of staying within a pretty tight budget – especially now that we have a baby on the way! Giving a gift to me is a joy, and finding just the right thing for someone is like a fun puzzle to solve.
Regardless of who you’re buying for this year, I’ve rounded up some ideas as usual. Some of these are things I have and love, and some are just things I like the idea of or am planning on gifting to someone else this year!
- Skincare: Colleen Rothschild Mini Radiant cleansing balm, Colleen Rothschild Matcha Tea Treatment toner (this brand is ALL THE RAGE and I have only heard rave reviews about the cleansing balm. I bought a mini one for myself and I AM A BELIEVER), a Vitamin C serum like this one or this one, a retinol serum like this one or this one, face masks – there are tons out on the market at every price point, but I always encourage supporting local businesses so I am linking the new masks from The Yellow Bird (and you mix theirs yourself so you may as well also gift in a little mixing bowl and a mask brush)! You could do a whole skincare basket gift set, or just get one or two items for a mini gift, or mix in with whatever else you’re giving to someone. Also dying to try this Laneige lip sleeping mask that everyone raves about.
- Makeup + Hair items: Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) dry shampoo (simply the best I’ve ever used but definitely a splurge), Living Proof heat styling spray, Amika plus-sized volume mousse and Un.Done volume/texture spray for hair that will hold and have volume. For makeup items, Tarte Tartelette 2 in Bloom eyeshadow palette (I love this because it’s only the best neutral colors that I could see myself using every day), Milk Makeup matte bronzer (really intrigued by this!), or a NARS lipstick pencil. These are all great for gifting because they’re higher end and people might not buy them for themselves! Great stocking stuffers or as a stand alone item in a gift of a few little things.
- Local / small business / shopping with purpose: These are always special gifts to me because you know that your money is going towards a great cause or a small business owner. If you’re in the Raleigh/Triangle area, my best friend Whitney’s husband Romain has a very talented mom/stepdad duo who run Boykin Pottery – they do all local pop-ups and have beautiful items. I also already mentioned The Yellow Bird but am linking their whole shop here, too. They are all natural and chemical-free! The Flourish Market is a shop that started from a tiny dream and is now booming to give back to those in need. Finally, The Little Market and The Shop Forward are not local businesses and you may have heard of both of them already, but they both give back to good causes and have great options for gifting.
- For other and more practical gift ideas, I love the idea of a photo printer for phone images (for the picture lovers in your life!), getting a Roku or Firestick for someone to set up in an extra room or for setting up first time streaming services (we did this for my mom and she LOVED it!), an iPhone/apple watch charging station if you know someone who has both, or a subscription box – there are hundreds out there but here is a list I gave last year and I would add Ellen’s Be Kind box to this year’s roundup!
Men are always THE HARDEST people to shop for on my list. For me, that includes my dad, brother, Andrew, and his brothers – but it is still a challenge! There are so many gift guides for men out there, but like I said last year, usually none of them really fit the guys in my life, so I have to get creative. This year I’m thinking about the following items for guys:
- A nice pullover: Andrew loves a good pullover or vest. Columbia has an early bird sale going on and I’m sure they’ll have great Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. This pullover is on sale for $29.99 right now! I got him one from Patagonia on a great sale last year.
- Books: My dad and brother both love to read, so I always like to listen out for a book that I think would interest them or ask if they have one they’ve been wanting to add to their collection.
- Wireless earbuds (like, truly no wires – even I would love these!) or a wireless phone charger for their desk! Another cool gadget is this waterproof bluetooth speaker for the shower/bathroom/pool, whatever! Here’s another option.
- A tactical wallet that has card security as well as pocket knife type attachments. I thought this was pretty cool!
- When in doubt, I find that gift cards are always great gifts for anyone. The guys in my life love Amazon, Home Depot (or your preferred home improvement store – no arguments here!), Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Kohl’s!
Happy shopping! I know there are tons of gift guides out there from all the bloggers, but every little bit helps!