written while waiting for the weekend (photo by Whitney)
FriYAY! Some of you OG readers may remember this series simply as “FriYAY Feels,” but I am a sophisticated 30-something now and I needed to keep things on brand.
This is the first weekend that we haven’t had a football game in a while! The sports seasons are crazy this year because of Covid, and Andrew had to go right into baseball as football was ending. I have plans to hang out with some girlfriends tonight, which I’m so thankful for! Those times have been few and far between the last year or so because of the pandemic. Also, does anyone else have trouble with the saying, “few and far between” and have to walk yourself through it every time? No? Just me? I always want to reverse it and say, “far and few between.” Anyway, let’s get back to it. Here are a few “things” for your FriYAY.
Things I am waiting on: This salt lamp. Make fun of me for being basic if you will, but I have it on good authority that they are calming, and I just love the warm orange glow! Perfect for blogging late into the night while the baby sleeps, right? And by late into the night I mean like 7pm-9pm because I can’t hang like I used to. I also ordered this workout box because I am
pleased to announce absolutely dreading the fact that I committed to working out on Tuesdays and Thursdays before school (4:15am wakeup call). I figure this will give me a lot of versatility in my garage workouts! We got a great deal on a treadmill recently, so I have been loving having that option.
Things I have my eye on: These cognac wedges for spring and summer…and also well into fall if you live in North Carolina like me, where we get to melt through 90 degree heat until October. They are not back in stock until JULY but I am still considering it because I just love the simplicity of them. I am SUPER picky about things being just right, and these fit the bill to me. These shorts were recommended by Caralyn Mirand, an influencer I LOVE following. I figure if she loves them, then I might, too! That’s how it works, right? I am also considering getting the Loving Tan self tanner that everyone raves about. Does anyone have it? Do we love it? Are we able to apply it without looking like a splotchy oompa loompa? Asking for a friend who shaves, exfoliates, moisturizes, follows all the directions, and still looks like a splotchy oompa loompa with self tanning products.
It’s me. I’m the oompa loompa.
Things I need to re-order: These are items that I already have that I love enough to get them again! I am a big believer of sticking with something if it hasn’t done you wrong. These are some of my tried and trues that I’m almost out of:
- This Colleen Rothschild hair serum. It is SO GOOD. It really smooths my hair, makes it look sleek and chic, tames the humidity and heat flyaways, and the smell is so divine.
- My favorite gentle PM moisturizer. I have been using this for years on the recommendation of my dermatologist, and it hasn’t let me and my sensitive skin down yet!
- These mint flossers. Don’t sleep on a simple life hack like this. We keep a pretty glass jar of these in our bathroom and it has helped me immensely with stepping up my flossing game. Plus, my dental hygienist suggested them so I’m not cheating.
- My favorite affordable dry shampoo. Living Proof is the best ever, but it’s pricey, so this is my next favorite and what I use regularly. I buy them in this bulk pack because let’s be honest, it gives the peace of mind you need when you hear that last empty pfffft of the can. The price has gone up a bit since I started buying these, but it still comes out to about $2 less per bottle than if you bought them individually.
- These Kirkland’s brand face wipes. Such a great deal for the price and even my sensitive skin doesn’t mind them! I love that they are a little bit textured to exfoliate, too. This link takes you to Costco’s website, but Amazon has them, too.
In other news, I have been absolutely loving the new HGTV show No Demo Reno from @theramblingredhead on Instagram. Her design choices are so lovely. Whitney has done some sessions for Elizabeth Burns, who is a designer in the Raleigh area; I keep telling Whitney that once I win the lottery I’m going to bring Elizabeth over to redo the whole house! I think she’s so talented. I would love to get some new light fixtures, hardware, and make some other small changes that really make over a space without emptying the wallet. In the meantime, I will just be over here making my long lists of ideas for when the time comes!
That’s it from me for this FriYAY series. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend!
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links through the Amazon Associates program. I can be compensated if purchases are made through these direct links. All opinions are my own – I would never steer you wrong!