It’s Friday morning, the rain is falling, and we’re having our coffee and watching Family Matters on TV…living the glamorous life, haha! This week went by fast! I was visiting with family the first part of the week, and then came home and jumped right in to some school and blog work. It was really nice to unplug for a few days! I even got some reading done, but I’m always trying to be better about that. I need to remember to throw my book in my bag for when I’m out and about and might have to wait for an appointment or something. I am still reading Anti-Diet, but I want to borrow Whitney’s People We Meet on Vacation since she just finished it!
Some things on my radar this week:
- Slip shorts for under dresses: Perfect for thigh rub, sweat, or just dresses that might blow up in the breeze! These have great reviews and they’re less expensive than some others I’ve seen. I also like that they don’t come all the way up to the bust; I’m not looking for full on shapewear, I just want some relief!
- Portable neck fan: This thing is THE TRUTH. I had posted it way back on my summer must haves post, but never bought one for myself. When I went to visit my mom, she had one for me! It blasts COLD air and has 3 speeds. It saved me when Davis and I went to visit my Nana (the place she’s living in is only allowing outdoor visits right now.) I also wore it on a walk/jog and that was great, too! It’s going to be great for summer league baseball games.
- These Secra arch support shoes that my friend Lindsay had: They are pricey but look sooooo supportive. I can’t believe I didn’t even try hers on when we were together! These would be great for traveling or everyday use, and I love that they can be dressed up or down!
- I’m still urging you to try the Billie Razor. I have absolutely no relationship with their brand, but I am truly delighted with this razor and the way it shaves, the feel in your hand, the convenience of receiving new razors every 2 months, and the way it magnetizes to the holder in the shower. It’s a win! I got the starter kit.
- Tommy John second skin high rise brief with lace waist: I snagged 2 pairs of these when they were on sale, and I literally do not want to own any other underwear. I like the Soma ones that are similar, but these are better. They just are. When you are ready for a splurge or when they do a sale, grab them!
- Whitney posted a picture today on Instagram with some pretty little cocktail glasses – we used them in my big photo shoot for the blog and they’re so lovely! She can’t find the exact ones she has, but these are similar!
- On Boards: Simple & Inspiring Recipe Ideas to Share at Every Gathering. This is a recipe book full of great ideas for hosting, gathering, etc. and everything is, you guessed it, on boards! Love this idea.
- Loving this planter from World Market! Whitney loves plants and is a great plant lady, but I am not. I want to be, though – so badly! I do have 2 snake plants that are still thriving, but that’s about all I’ve been able to manage. World Market is such a great store to walk through. They have alllllll the things you want!
Finally, I wanted to share that my dad, who builds guitars and other instruments, gave us a guitar while we were visiting him this week. Davis is obsessed and keeps asking us to open the case. He makes really beautiful guitars – this is the story of the one he gave us. Here is his site if you have anyone in your life who loves guitars! We have a hand built old rifle from Andrew’s dad, so it will be really nice for Davis to have those pieces from both of his grandfathers.
What are everyone’s plans for the Fourth of July? I couldn’t even get myself together enough to do a red, white, and blue manicure. I’m just hoping the fireworks end at a reasonable time, because Bruno will be in an absolute terror anxiety wad and Davis will be asleep.
Here’s a little message from Davis to send you off on your weekend! He’s really into the space bar.
zsz v hbbv 32 ed s 23q5arDXG V Q Xdcxbv n
Any Amazon links are affiliate links. I might earn a small commission if you click and buy directly from them. All opinions are my own.