Happy FriYAY! It has been a few weeks! In today’s edition of the FriYAY series, I’m just recapping the week and sharing some things I’m loving. As always, nothing too heavy as we head off to the weekend!
This Week’s Recap
This was a busy week! On Sunday, we relaxed at home and I rearranged/organized the playroom. I’m getting it ready for our cloffice project that I wrote about in my summer bucket list post. I’m really excited about that project! The picture on the bottom left is after Andrew took the doors off of the closet, so you can see the space we’ll be using. Of course, I’ll take pictures and do a before and after reveal once it’s all finished!
On Monday, I went to help Whitney get ready for a photo shoot she was doing with another photographer. I did her hair and makeup, and we just got to chat and hang out for a bit, which is always nice during this busy season of life!
Tuesday and Wednesday, Davis had playdates with friends in the mornings. I also got my hair done Tuesday and it had been a MINUTE. My usual stylist is out on maternity leave, and I had to cancel my last appointment with her at the last minute, so it needed to happen. I went to someone new, recommended by some friends. It was a great experience! It always feels good to get your hair done and feel a bit pampered.
Between those things, I did a lot of work for Max Out Happy, cleaned the house, did my daily routine stuff at home, and ran errands. It felt like it flew by! And now it’s my favorite day – FriYAY! No huge plans on the horizon today.
My brother is here for a couple of days visiting us and my sister. I’m the youngest of three, and so is Andrew. It’s weird and cool that Davis is spending time with his cousin Jackson (my sister’s baby) just like we did when we were growing up!
What I’m Loving
- I am absolutely enthralled by RV/camper renovation right now. I’ve started going down a rabbit hole on Instagram and Pinterest and even started a board for tiny living. If I was single, or if Andrew and I had only 1 dog and no children, this would be my dream. We hope to get a small camper someday, so for now, I’ll just daydream through these beautiful tiny spaces!
- I read The People we Meet on Vacation at the beach and it was SO GOOD. I couldn’t put it down. It was just so well-written. Sadly, that’s the only book I have read this summer and it has flown by. I have another couple of books I’d like to get through before school starts, but we’ll see what happens. What’s everyone else reading? Here’s my summer reading list in case you missed it!
- I got an email today that my new Billie razor refills are being shipped to me. You already know how I feel about this program. I don’t know why they haven’t sought me out to pay me yet for all the free advertising I’m doing for them, haha! Here’s their starter kit! Best shave I have ever had.
- Revel Nail’s new Bohemian Bouquet collection is live and the colors are so perfect for fall!
- I’m anxious and hesitant about the school year starting, but of course I’m excited to stock up on some cute school supplies. We have a brand new school building, and I’m excited to set up my classroom! I’m working on a post about some of my favorite items, but in the meantime, if you haven’t used the Paper Mate InkJoy pens, you’re missing out. These Zebra Pen Midliner highlighters are also a must. Y’all know I love good writing utensils and paper products.
I hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoys your FriYAY! We are expecting some rain where I am, but I’m thrilled to see the temperatures in the 80s instead of the 90s! It’s really the little things that make a difference.