I love to rearrange our furniture and repurpose decor we already have. I’m also always trying to find ways to make our home more functional and maximize storage. We can’t go buying new things every time I feel like our living spaces are getting monotonous, so we sprinkle new items in every so often so it’s not overwhelming!
I’m not currently in the market for new home decor, but that doesn’t mean I’m not always looking! My go-tos for home decor are always Target, Amazon, and TJ Maxx/Marshall’s/Home Goods. These are all affordable for me and have great options! I haven’t pinned down a style for myself, so I feel like everything is kind of a mix. My main goal in decorating is to make the space feel cozy and organized. Clutter makes me uncomfortable, so I’m constantly organizing, moving things out as I move things in, etc. I really enjoy clean lines and simple statements. Classic with a twist, as I always say! This has been challenging with having a toddler and all the THINGS that come with that. It’s a constant lesson in patience.
If I HAD to choose a style for our home, I guess I would go with Modern Farmhouse with a touch of Boho vibes? Is that a thing? Anyway, here are some home decor picks that are currently on my wish list:
Affordable Home Decor
- Matte black candle holders for taper candles: Love the moody look to these candle holders.
- Clear plastic drawer organizers: Because organization. I love using containers like these for bathroom and kitchen drawers.
- Beige accent chairs (set of 2!): I think this is a great price for 2 nice accent chairs!
- Upholstered dining chairs (set of 2!): We need dining chairs with backs on them now that Davis is sitting at the table. Eventually I hope to get a big round table; I think these would look great at a round wooden table.
- Medium storage baskets: I mean, you just can ALWAYS use more storage baskets! Linen closet, kids toys, cleaning supplies, you name it. We use a fabric basket for Davis’ little shoes by the door!
- Gold geometric bookends: I was in the market for bookends for my cookbooks recently, and I love these! A bit edgy – and I like the antique black color too.
- Set of 3 ceramic vases: There is also a distressed white option that’s really pretty!
- Boho throw pillow covers: This is for 2 pillow covers, so you would need the inserts.
- Simple round side table: Love this for a guest room, living room, or even just a cozy corner.
- Handmade 20″ wooden dough bowl: Nice for decor, but also functional – it could hold loose items, produce, seasonal items, whatever!
Where do you shop for your home decor? In a perfect world, I would purchase all of these items in one go and spread the love around. In reality, I have to stretch out my purchases paycheck by paycheck, slowly adding here and there. And that’s okay, too. Home is what you make of it. It is where you spend most of your time and where you should feel peaceful, safe, and comfortable. Whatever that means for you, little touches can make a big difference!
Just a reminder that I might receive a small commission if you shop and purchase directly through the links in this post!