Hey gals! After my big roundup of swimwear a couple weeks ago, you gotta have some cute accessories to go with your suits, right?! Here is a sister post of swim accessories for ya. I also included some goodies for the littles in your life! Let me know if you have any other recommendations…asking for a friend. Check out my summer must haves post for a few other recommendations that would also fit in the swim category, like cooling towels, a portable fan for your kids, neck fan for you, sunglasses, and sunscreen!
- Everyone is talking about this one. When I say “everyone,” I mean that I have seen three different influencers mention it, so it must be good, haha! Love the sleeves and how easy it is. I am definitely getting this one for myself this season!
- Another one by the same brand that I have seen a lot online. Love that there are no buttons, so no issue with the chest area! Looks great on everyone in the review pictures.
- This one’s a little more sassy and low-cut, but I think it would be pretty and add a little flair to my pretty full coverage suits!
- This tassel cover up is my favorite. I have ordered 2 over the years and I LOVE it. Some have tassels and some have pom poms, but there are lots of options (you already know mine is the plain black).
- This spaghetti strap maxi dress is great for beach, pool, or a dinner out! A great versatile option with lots of solids and prints!
- Crochet detail cover up with tassels: What can I say? I like tassels. Comes in white or black.
- Loving this cover up tank dress with a hood! Also has a pouch pocket on the front.
- Tie front midi cover up dress – this one is so pretty and I love the slits on both sides in the front. This similar one comes in larger sizes and also a really fun print!
- Breezy Basics cover up dress with side tie: LOVE the simplicity of this and the tie detail. A little pricier to me, but I am also a teacher so to me anything over $30 is a lot for a cover up! Really good reviews.
- Some white linen blend pants so you can throw on a tank and go!
- Beach bag tote set with cooler: I love the rectangle shaped bags because you can see everything at one time. This one looks great! Several pockets and toggle straps to hold towels or blankets!
- Dejaroo mesh beach bag: I got this one last summer for us to use at the beach, and it was great! (Pictured at the start of this post). I love that it has so many pockets and room for everyone’s rolled up towels plus everything else. Sand goes through the holes which is great.
- Mesh beach bag with detachable cooler: This one got me with, “it can even fit two bottles of wine with an ice pack!”
- This Scout bag: I mentioned in my summer must haves post, but this thing is seriously huge and will hold whatever you need it to! Even your child – haha!
- Waterproof wet bag for your wet clothes! This is helpful for keeping things separate and won’t leak or have a hole in it like a grocery bag might. Plus, it’s cute! 🙂
- Extra large sand free beach blanket for everyone to sit on and even put towels down on. Less mess for snacks and such (priorities).
- Beach towel clips to hold your towel to your chair. Genius and simple. Really makes a difference once you’ve been spoiled with using them!
- I love these striped swim towels from Amazon. Basic, cute, and absorbent. I got these last summer and loved them!
- Here is a nice extra large beach towel option with great reviews. I love a nice big towel. Enough said.
- Wide brim sun visor hat: Okay, this really screams MOM to me, but whatever. I like it and it would shade your face well, plus allow you to rock your messy bun up top at the same time. I am all about some sun protection these days. Great reviews!
- I bought this hat last summer for the beach and for all my summer workouts I was planning to do 🙂 I love that you can wear your ponytail or bun through the opening in the back and that it’s a regular baseball cap for when you don’t want a huge visor.
- This is a great floppy hat option with SO MANY different wording choices. They have bundles, bridal sets, stuff like “good vibes,” “do not disturb,” “talk to the sand,” etc. Mine says “resting beach face.” A great option for hair down or a low bun/ponytail situation.
- Sunscreen: My summer must-haves post goes into detail about these options and how I’m committing to being more reef-friendly with my sunscreen. I have also heard wonderful rave reviews about Supergoop! sunscreen for your face, but haven’t actually used it. It’s pretty pricey for a small tube, but everyone says it is worth the hype! Many of the reviews say that it doesn’t burn their eyes or eye area, which is a huge win for me. It also apparently acts as a great primer while protecting your skin from the sun! I’ve been using the Saie Slip Tint so far this season and I have really really loved it. It goes on super smooth like primer and gives a tiny tint to help even out your skin! For body, I’ll be doing Baby Bum mineral sunscreen for Davis and either Sun Bum mineral for myself or the Australia Gold Botanicals mineral brand I mentioned.
- A good lip balm with SPF: I’m VERY picky about lip balm, especially ones with SPF. This one has a cult following and some of the reviews are so funny. Seems legit! It’s in my cart!
- A first aid kit you can take with you: This one is really good, but you should at least consider throwing some band-aids and neosporin in a baggie! You never know when you might step on a sea shell, scrape your knee on the pool deck, etc.
- Beach sand coasters/cup holders for your drinks, keys, phone, speaker, whatever can fit inside them! Keeps things elevated off the sand and easy to get to.
- Shoes: You won’t catch me in a fancy pair of sandals or heels on the beach or at the pool. I’m not glam, I’m comfy and practical. I really just love the old navy basic flip flops for the beach or pool, but Havaianas are wonderful, as well! Now that I’m older I need a little more support – my friend Tori loves the Olukai flip flops which are an investment but last forever! Rainbows are also a great pair to have that will last, but they do take some breaking in at first. My friend Emily loves the Tory Burch Flatform supportive flip flops for the beach and all summer long. Crocs also makes really comfortable flip flops!
- A nice, practical claw clip for your beach hair!
- Waterproof phone cases to protect your electronics. I like to live on the edge, so I usually just throw these in a small zipper makeup bag inside my beach bag or a ziplock bag, BUT these are great if you want to be able to use your phone for pictures and stuff out on the water! This is a 2 pack for about 10 dollars and over 20,000 wonderful reviews. Hard to beat it!
- An insulated cell phone case for those extra hot days! This is so smart.
- 2 pack lounger portable & foldable chairs. I am curious about these! A great price for two chairs if they live up to the hype! Great reviews. These were on my weekly Skimm Your Life newsletter and they intrigued me! For a legit beach chair, the nicer ones are also the pricer ones, of course, but here’s a nice and reasonable Tommy Bahama chair, a similar one that’s a little more affordable, and a low to the ground folding chair option that comes in a pack of 1 or 2.
Options for the babes:
- Baby hat for summer up to 4T or bucket hat up to 8 years old. I’ll be interested to see if Davis will wear his sun hat this summer at the beach!
- Sea turtle floatie for ages 3 months – 3 years old or shaded canopy floatie for baby: We used a similar shaded canopy float all last summer for Davis and I am hoping he can still use it this summer! The shade is removable so you get the best of both worlds.
- Puddle jumper floaties (30-50lbs): These are rated as life safety devices and so that gives me a little extra reassurance for when Davis is big enough to use them!
- Baby pop-up tent with built-in pool space: This looks so promising! I would love to have one for Davis for the beach. Last summer, my mom got us a really nice kid canopy for the beach and we loved it, but it broke on our second beach trip and we will need something new. We were also told last summer at one of the beaches we visited that the canopy we had was not permitted on the beach, so this would be a great alternative to those kind of size and product regulations! This is perfect for any outdoor activity where you need shade, but the beach or pool comes to mind for me!
- Hipsterkid polarized sunglasses with strap: I linked these in my summer must haves post, too, but you definitely have to have these for your beach or pool bag! Since Davis doesn’t like wearing them, I’m really thankful for the strap!
- FINIS Frogglez kid’s goggles: These are apparently IT for kids right now. No hair pulling, no headaches, invented by a dad who wanted to find a better option for his kids. My friend Kelly has some for her daughter and they are so cute! She said they are way better than anything we used when we were kids. I’m sold!
- Water shoes: These are cute and seem stabilizing, and still breathable as they’re drying out! Lots of options.
- Cute suits! Amazon, Target, & Old Navy are my go-tos for kids. Marshall’s and TJ Maxx are good too, but don’t always have a dependable size range. I love these from the little ladies section: Flamingo RuffleButts one piece long sleeved suit with nickel-free diaper snaps, flamingo long sleeve rash guard set, strawberry long sleeve rash guard set, floral long sleeve rash guard set, watermelon tankini set (so cute but only available in a few sizes), oranges ruffle strap one piece, flutter sleeve tankini, and rash guard/tankini combo set. From the little dudes sections: Critter print swim trunks (I would pair with this rash guard or a plain long sleeved one), dinosaur long sleeve rash guard set with trunks, blue leaf print long sleeve rash guard set with trunks, these bright solid basic trunks from old navy, and these green/blue tie-dyed trunks with this aqua zip up long sleeve rash guard.
- A full on swim suit that has UPF protection from neck to ankles: Sweet with ruffles option, more unisex plain option. This one is a little more expensive but dang, how great! I would size up for it to last a little longer. Perfect option in case your child will be spending any prolonged amount of time in the sun.
- Swim cover up poncho: I am dying at how cute this is! Just like my favorite one I have for myself! Great reviews.
- A beach toy bag! We bought Davis some beach toys at Dollar General and those have been a huge hit at home without sand or water, so I am looking forward to seeing him use those this summer at the beach! This bag has all the goodies though – and at a great price with wonderful reviews!
- Baby powder to get that sand and dirt right off! (Talc-free!)
- Don’t forget swim diapers! You can go disposable or reusable – we like the Huggies Little Swimmers brand for disposables!
There you have it! I kept coming back to these lists to make sure I didn’t forget anything, but I’m sure there are other cool gadgets out there that I missed. Other musts for beach/pool/lake include your favorite insulated cups, plenty of water and snacks, a bluetooth speaker, something good to read, and a killer playlist. Those cups have 5 stars with over 37,000 reviews, AND they fit in your cup holder!!! I hope this list was helpful for your summer adventures; school is out June 10 and I am readyyy for summer!
As usual, Any amazon links are affiliate links and I may gain a small commission at no extra cost to you if you buy directly from my links. As always, I have left honest opinions and reviews!