Hello! Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I am currently trying so hard to make it to summer break and juggle side jobs and projects at the same time, in addition to moving! Hopefully some pictures of the new place will be available as soon as I can wrangle my best friend Whitney into a photo shoot 🙂
Anyway, if you don’t know already, I am always ballin’ on a budget.
No doubt you’ve heard that they don’t pay teachers billions to educate the youth of America. So, I have to be crafty with my spending and really pick my splurges. I have tons of Target bargain buys for makeup, clothes, shoes, hair products, and more, but I also like to spend here and there on my non-negotiables. I usually carry the same purse around for a while, so generally it gets weighed down with a bunch of useless and heavy junk (I am guilty of the mom purse problem and I’m not even a mom yet!). However, if I emptied my bag on any given occasion, you’d be likely to find certain items time and time again.
Here’s what is currently in my bag! (I know it’s a little busted up – it’s an old Target bag from years ago and I just love bringing it out in the spring…I can’t be bothered to worry about fraying and fading.)
- Bright colored lipstick (generally several at a time; you never know) – I like to keep at least two bright colors at all times, in addition to at least one moisturizing chapstick or tinted lip balm, and one neutral color (either a nude or a neutral pretty pink…or both!).
- Notepad and many, many writing utensils – in a meeting, I’m always the person who has several pens to pass around, and I’m also the person who will remember to collect them all back! I love school supplies and always have. I like to have a notepad with me in case I get inspired to write, or need to take notes somewhere, or for reminders and to-do lists. I’m old school.
- Travel sized Roller Perfume (Kate Spade, Walk on Air scent) – pretty self-explanatory…I like smellin’ fresh.
- Lorac POREfection Baked Pressed Powder – for touch-ups throughout the day or for when you have something in your eye/teeth/nose or your hair is ridiculous and no one told you about it and you realize you can only count on yourself in this world.
- Wallet – I wish I knew who made this wallet so I could link it out. I have two wallets from this person, a local shop in Raleigh that I do not know the name of. I got it at a boutique trunk show through a Yelp event I went to with a friend. There’s no stitching or tags or initials inside the wallet anywhere and I have been asked several times where it (or the other one I have) is from. I would love to promote this local shop! If anyone has an idea, let me know and I’ll link it. I love this little guy – perfect to use as a wallet or even a clutch! Holds all my cards, cash, change, and checkbook and usually also my keys and a lipstick.
- Gum – I feel like there are two types of people in this world: gum people and mint people. I have never been a mint person. You can usually find me chewing on peppermint or spearmint gum.
- Headphones – for those occasions that pop up and you’re like, “Dang, I wish I had some headphones right now.” Perfect for Netflix-watching, discreet Snapchat and Instagram checking, and music listening.
- Hair tie and a few bobby pins – so you’re always ready for an updo or a messy bun when you need it.
I also mentioned some of my favorite lipsticks, the Lorac Porefection Pressed Powder and the Kate Spade Walk on Air perfume in my favorite products post here. I tend to be a creature of extreme habit, especially when it comes to products that make me feel confident and put together!
I’m sure soon this bag will get full of extras and things that I end up throwing away or recycling to other parts of my home (most likely lipsticks and gum wrappers), but for now, these are the things I carry.
Bags I’m currently crushin’ on:
Structured Crossbody bag from Target, Double Zip Crossbody bag and Faux-Leather Foldover Crossbody bag from Old Navy, Street Level Leather Crossbody bag and OMG Tassel Crossbody bag ($14!!!!!) from Nordstrom
Everyone enjoy the (hopefully long) Memorial Day Weekend!