It’s finally summer break! I know I haven’t written in forever, but that’s showbiz, baby. Life is busy, and to be honest, I’m just not always inspired to write when there are a million things going on. This spring, we had a busy baseball season, said goodbye to our sweet Bruno, survived the whole household getting Covid-19, experienced other personal stuff, and now we are on round 2 of Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease for Davis (hoping Andrew and I don’t get it this time – fingers crossed). All while trying to finish out the first school year back in person since the pandemic began. Never a dull moment around here!
For today’s post, I rounded up some things I’ve either purchased for this summer or items I’m dreaming about. Y’all know I like a nice collage graphic. When I think of summer, I think of being outside, being in the water, and now that I’m a mom, doing activities with Davis! I also dream of sitting by my own pool in the backyard, but until that happens, I’ll tag along with my sister and my friends who have pools in their neighborhoods!
Summer Vibes Roundup
- Set of 2 low beach chairs with cup holders: This comes as a set of 2! I think this is a reasonable price for 2 good chairs. Good reviews, and comes in a nice blue color, too (orange is our school color!).
- Wide brim straw sun visor: I love that this rolls up to pack it and that I can still wear my hair up while protecting my eyes and face.
- 4 pair set of rattan earrings: These are just fun! Keep them all or gift some to friends.
- Long kimono style cover up: I bought and love this. Super comfy, flowy, and comes in a ton of options.
- Coral Reef Swim Vacationer bottoms: These are so flattering. They come up high, but don’t feel like a diaper. I got a few Coral Reef pieces this season and I am so happy with them.
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen: Have been using this for about a year now and I really love it. Silky, no white cast, absorbs quickly, all good things. It is pricey but worth it to me for sure. It also lasts a long time!
- Core 10 tank tops: I have one in black that I absolutely love the fit of. I ordered a couple more colors to get a stock pile going. Great to work out, run errands, and they even look nice enough to wear under a cardigan or jean jacket as a regular outfit. Super soft!
- Coral Reef Swim Lounger top: This top is so cute! I love the buttons down the back. I got the green leopard print to wear with my black Vacationer bottoms (listed above).
- Lace trim sleeveless top: I have this in black and love it. Silky feeling, flattering, and I love the lace detail. Lots of color options!
- Coral Reef Swim Traveler top: Another Coral Reef option. I love the knot. It truly just feels like you’re wearing a comfy tank top!
- Ice cream and palm trees/pineapples swim trunks: I got these for Davis and they are SO CUTE. They are short – above the knee – and they are just adorable. Lots of good prints here too! I ordered a navy long-sleeved rash guard that matches both.
- Old Navy T-strap flip flops: These are on sale for $4.99 for a set of 2 right now. Insane! I love these because they look a little dressier than regular flip flops. Simple, no fuss, great for any summer outfit or just wearing to the beach/pool.
- Round rattan bag: I love this. So cute for any vacation you have planned!
- Target one shoulder one piece swimsuit: I didn’t have high hopes for this, but it was really flattering! I love the print and the two strap detail across the back.
I’m sure I’ll have other things to share as the summer goes on. Also, please note that I am still a big fan – pardon the pun – of the neck fan mentioned in this post from last summer. Some things bear repeating. It’s hot out there, folks.
We have a lot going on this summer, but I’m looking forward to a couple of trips and a slower pace without having to wake up at 5am! Let me know if you try any of the items on this list, or if you have any recommendations for me!
I receive a small commission for any Amazon items you purchase directly through the links in this post. All opinions are my own!